Monday, November 30, 2009

Me amo Barcelona!



So I spent last weekend in Barcelona and it was definitely my favorite weekend so far!!! I went with my friend from Brighton, we got there Thursday night and hung out with some people that we met at the hostel and then saw the city on Friday and Saturday. Our hostel was so nice, and it wasn't sketchy at all to sleep in a room with a lot of people. Everyone that we met was so nice!!! We saw the FC Barcelona Stadium, the Olympic Stadium, went shopping in Las Ramblas, went to a Spanish market, sat on the beach, and saw all of the sights of the city!
On Saturday night we had a traditional Spanish meal of paella, which is some type of rice and we had seafood in ours with sangria to drink. It was so delicious, and I can't wait until the next time I am in Spain to have it again!





I had such a good time in Spain, and I am starting to get sad about coming home for good! I am ready to come home for a break and see everyone, but I am starting to get sad that I will not be coming back for more of this experience. Part of me wishes that I had stayed a whole year, but I probably would get homesick if I decided to do that, and I would be broke. I have met so many cool people, and I think that everyone should have this experience! I have been so lucky to be able to travel to all kinds of places, and now I don't want to stop traveling! I know that I will be back to Europe, but I will never get the experience of being a student in Europe again.

On Saturday I am going to Oxford and staying the night there, and then Sunday night my flatmates are throwing me a going away party! They are staying until the end of the English semester, which goes until February, but I am leaving early so I can start school at Clarkson in January.

I only have a few more posts left about my experience abroad. I will definitely make the most of my last few couple weeks here!

No comments:

Post a Comment