Monday, November 9, 2009

The City of Romance

So, I had another very busy week in Europe! On Wednesday I saw a 3OH!3 show, which is band that is pretty popular in the US. They sing the song Don’t Trust Me, that is played on the radio a lot. It wasn’t the best performance that I have ever seen, but it was worth 10 pounds to see them.

On November 5th of every year, England celebrates a holiday called Guy Fawkes Day. On November 5, 1605, a man named Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up the Parliament building, but was caught before it could happen. Today, when England celebrates Guy Fawkes Day they have massive bonfires, and huge parades with people dressed in scary costumes holding torches. They also have a fireworks display after the parade is over. I thought that the holiday was really dangerous, there was fire everywhere and pretty scary! I don’t think that it would ever be legal in the US! If you look at the picture, you can see what I mean by it being scary!

Then, on Friday I departed very early for a weekend trip to Paris! Paris was such a nice city, and is definitely my favorite city so far! I went on a boat cruise on Friday night and saw all of the sights, which was pretty cool. The next day I went to the top of the Eiffel tower and saw an amazing view of Paris! The weather was pretty crisp, but it didn’t rain so we had a really good view. After this I saw the louvre, Moulin Rouge, went into the Cathedral of Notre Dame – which was gorgeous, and saw the Arc de Triomphe with the tomb of the unknown soldier. On Sunday I went to the Palace of Versailles and walked around the Versailles Garden.

After this I came home and was able to skype with my family, my boyfriend and his family, and my friends. This week I have Reading Week, which means I don’t have any classes and am suppose to catch up on work. I actually have a few papers that are due at the end of the semester, so I am going to get ahead on them. I am also going Christmas shopping in London on Thursday, and have a trip to Rye and Bodium Castle on Saturday.

That is all for now, I hope all is well in the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment