Saturday, November 14, 2009

Smugglers & Castles



So, this week I was on reading week, which means I didn't have any classes and instead am suppose to get caught up/ahead on work. I did some homework, and did a lot of relaxing. :) I went shopping in London on Thursday, and although I don't have any pictures, it was so beautiful because all of the Christmas lights are up all over the city. It was so cool, and I am so lucky I got to see the city like that! I didn't buy very many things, only a few Christmas gifts, but it was nice to get out of Brighton for the day. London is only about an hour away by train so it is really convenient to catch a train there.

Today, I went on a fieldtrip to Bodiam Castle and Rye. Bodiam castle is an old medieval castle that was built in 1385!!! It was like a castle from a fairytale with a moat and everything. We got to walk around inside of it and up the steep staircases that lead to rooms that look out above the castle. It was really cool.


After Bodiam Castle, we walked around the town of Rye, which is an old smuggling town. In Rye, there is a street called Mermaid Street which is part of the original Rye from many, many years ago. It was so windy, cold and rainy everywhere today, so I had some hot soup in a cafe to warm up. After that, we headed back to Brighton.

So this week wasn't as exciting as most weeks but next week I am going to be leaving for Dublin, Ireland on Friday and heading back to Brighton on Monday! I can't wait! I have heard that Ireland is beautiful, and I recently watched the movie PS. I love You, which some parts of the movie take place in Ireland, so that made me even more excited. My time here is going by so fast, but I am sure I will be back to Europe someday to see everything that I miss in this trip! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment